.

.

3.22.2010

Road Trip'in

For my mom's 50th birthday my bro, sis, and I wanted to do something really cool for her. We usually do some sort of girls trip but we tricked her into thinking we all had stuff going, then we surprised her with a full fledged road trip to see her favorite sister.
I know, we're the best kids ever, but she's the greatest mom/grandma in the world! We wanted her to feel special.

We left on mom's birthday, St. Patricks day. Zac was mainly the driver so when he wanted to make a stop to cross something off his 'bucket list' we couldn't really oppose.
First stop:
If you watch the History Channel's 'Pawn Stars' you know exactly what this is. Let me just tell you it's nothing like what you see on TV. The place is a HOLE!!! Zac brought something to pawn but they didn't buy it. He was still so excited just to go there and like I said it was on his bucket list.


Somehow my pictures got out of order. The first stop was actually St. George to pick up Grandma Clayton and the 'Party Van.' Grandma was so excited we invited her and got to cross a few things off her bucket list as well. She is so sweet, I'm glad she came!

This picture was taken at grandma and grandpa's house in St. George. Sequoia loved this door because she could see out all by herself.

We finally made it to the Bell's. No one was home when we got there but we didn't mind waiting on the front lawn. I know we looked so white trash but it was 80 degrees and beautiful! I also learned at this point Sequoia hates the grass! I thought maybe it was just cause they have this fake turf stuff (awesome by the way) but I tried putting her on our grass when we got home and she still wasn't having it. Wierdo...

First on the list in Southern California--shopping!!! We hit up the Ontario Mills outlets and Sequoia did pretty well. She got a little fussy at the end but grandma found this fun carousel, it seemed to fix the problem.
::she looks just like her daddy!::

Later that night we went to my cousin Holly's house and got to meet her sweet new baby, Audrey. She was just four days old and so precious! I can't believe Sequoia was that little just nine months ago.


As you can see we had a good time at Holly and Spencer's. Sequoia loved playing in Audrey's crib and had so much fun playing with little Owen. He was very patient and cute with her.

::cute second cousins::

The next day was the beach day. We first made a stop at the Newport Temple because Zac, Em, and grandma (and Quoia I guess) had never seen it. It's beautiful!



Next stop Huntington Beach!!!

I think we got very lucky with the weather. It was so nice for March. It was nearly 80 degrees! We were all so excited, I think it's been a long winter.


No one was more excited than this little girl. She loves the beach just like her mamma!

I was a little worried about the sand after she freaked out over the grass. Oddly enough she really enjoyed it. I would bury her little toes and she would laugh! Just love her!

After Huntington Beach we got some dinner but it was right at rush hour so we drove over to Balboa Island to kill some time before heading back to the Bell's. It was a blast!

K, so this made my day! I love, love, love frozen chocolate bananas and look what we found!
I was in heaven!

On Saturday we headed out to Orange County to the big swap meet that we love. That may very well be the reason we went to California... I was worried about how Quoia would do, I was hoping she'd quietly lay down in the stroller and take a nap but she kept doing this:
Little stinker. She finally went to sleep and I got to shop. Really the only booth I was particularly excited for was 'The Baby Guy'. Remember I bought all of Quoia's bedding and stuff from him a year ago. He didn't fail me and had some great new stuff. I just love him and told him I want to sell his stuff here in Utah so if you're interested let me know. He ROCKS!!!

Saturday night we relaxed at the Bells. Cody Barbecued and Bruce made his famous homemade ice cream. We just love California and visiting our family there.

We're so glad we had a few additions to our annual girls trip:



UH!!! But this is how we felt about going home!!!

Happy 50th mom!!!
Can't wait to go back in June with my lover and the Obergs!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I am so sad we didn't get to meet up! Looks like you guys had a great time!

The Hull Family said...

Loved seeing you guys!! I wish we lived closer, I really do!! I love the picture of Quoia sticking her head out the back of the stroller, so cute. I had to "borrow" some of the pictures you posted, they were so cute!