.

.

2.08.2010

Bubba


Well I haven't posted in awhile because I guess I haven't really felt like we've done anything too exciting. We are both working so much right now sometimes I feel like we don't even see each other but we're very grateful to have jobs right now. Sequoia on the other hand has quite the social life and lets be honest, everyone loves pictures of her anyway so here's a little update on our bubba...

She just turned eight months old! I can't believe it! It is such a fun age, she makes us smile all the time. To celebrate her seven month birthday (I know, I'm a month behind) my sister and I took her to get her ears pierced.


I actually took her to get this done when she was about two and a half months old but they wouldn't do it because she was too little. I've been meaning to do it forever but just got around to it. Don't judge me. She took it like a champ and we haven't had any problems with them. To be honest I wish we would've done it sooner because she was so busy the whole time I could barely get her to hold still long enough! Emily thought I was the meanest mom in the world but I don't care!

Sequoia has become a little stinker about taking naps. I'll put her down and turn on the monitor or go to check on her and she'll just be playing or talking to her animal friends. I can't complain too much though, she's hardly ever grumpy and she sleeps 12 hours straight every night.


She is so funny. She loves peek-a-boo, getting thrown in the air (carefully) by daddy, sponge bob, eating, shopping--seriously, watching dad play rock band, and is very ticklish. We love her little giggle!

She finally started taking all the 'cute' binkies I've had since before she was born. For the longest time she would ONLY take the ugly green one from the hospital.

She still doesn't have any teeth but she has been teething for awhile. She makes the funniest faces by sucking on her gums. I think she looks like my grandma.


Her absolute favorite thing to play with are my keys. So gross! I sanitize them all the time but something about her sucking on a handcuff key makes me feel like a bad mother.

She is babbling a lot and actually said her first word... dada. Uh breaks my heart! Who am I kidding he is her favorite. She'll probably say Ripley and Ash before mama.

Our little social butterfly attended her bff, Ollie's, birthday party. It was held at Chuck E Cheese and when the mouse came out to sing happy birthday she burst out in tears. Guess she's not a fan.

Ollie tried to cheer her up by taking her on some rides but she just wasn't having it. Better luck next time I guess.

And finally she gives the sweetest kisses.
MUH! So sweet!!!

2 comments:

The Hull Family said...

I;m surprised that you couldn't get her ears pierced when she was younger!! We are all about the ear piercing and will be doing it to our little girl as soon as possible. Spencer is such a sucker for baby girls with pierced ears!!

Sequoia is a doll and I always love seeing new pictures of her!!

Katie said...

Wow Kim, I can't believe Sequoia is 8 months already. She is such a cute little girl. I love that you got her ears pierced. I want to get my daughters ears pierced so bad. Was it hard to do? Did she cry?