It's good to be home, but life has pretty much been crazy ever since we left New York. I think we have all done a pretty good job adjusting to life's changes.
This is the first semester in the six plus years Dillon and I have been together that one of us isn't going to school... HURRAY for diplomas!!! Dillon started his new job, or should I say career, with Taco Bell Corp. He is doing management for them and it's keeping him REALLY busy. Something neither of us are used to in the 'off season' but so far he loves it and says he is right in his element. Quoia and I sure miss hanging out with him as much but we're so grateful for the opportunity he's been given.
I had to go back to work this past week after an extra long and enjoyable maternity leave. It wasn't as bad as I had been anticipating all summer but I miss my little quoi quoi SO SO much! I love my job and they have been very good to me the last two years, but I will be starting ten weeks of basic training pretty quick (I was supposed to do it last fall but was respectfully dismissed when I told them I was pregnant) and I'm NOT looking forward to it. I'm trying to look at the positives: I'll be in GREAT shape after, I'll be able to do my job better, it's an excellent training opportunity for my resume, blah, blah, blah... but some of the negatives keep creeping into my head, it will break my heart to leave my baby for such long hours, so wish me luck!
Quoia has been her typical angel self through the move, the time change, and adjusting to mom and dad's crazy lives. She is such a sweetheart, we're so lucky to have her as part of our family.
Our favorite part of the day is our nighttime routine with Quoi. We've been pretty diligent about it since we got home and I believe we have that to thank for the 10 hours of sleep we get each night. Every bedtime consists of a bath, primary songs and mom reading a story while dad gives a bottle. It usually ends with this:
... and nothing makes me happier.
One of the things we missed the most about home was our families. But we have been able to spend lots of time with all of them lately. Two weekends ago Sequoia, my mom, and I helped Emily move to college. I can't believe it! It was a bittersweet day for sure. On the way up we stopped to visit great grandma Ford. I had to get a four generations picture:
*me, grandma ford, my mom, and quoi*
Last weekend Dillon had to work some crazy hours so Quoia and I joined my parents, Zac and Tash camping. Quoia and I just went for the day, it was a lot of fun and so beautiful. We missed the mountains!
*Grandpa Bruce is quite the camp chef*
He made S'mores and said one of them was for Quoia... maybe next summer. She got pretty excited when she saw them though:
Quoi did so well we think we'll go again next weekend!
2 comments:
Welcome home!! You are so lucky to have such a good baby that sleeps through the night and is so easy-going! I love that you took her to the mountains for the day. Good luck with your job and the 10 weeks of training!! I wish I could babysit for you!!!
I bet that it is so nice to be home and hopefully settled back in. I want to see Sequoia in person so bad. do you guys want to come over for dinner sometime? it would be fun to have ryan and tami over too.
Post a Comment