I LOVE the 4th of July, and since this was Sequoia's first 4th and the first time Dillon and I would be spending it together since 2006 I was hoping to do something really cool. We'd heard from all the locals that the best place to watch fireworks was 'Jones Beach'. Dillon had to work all day so the plan was for all the wives to head to the beach pretty early, grab dinner and get a good spot for our men to meet us at after work. So all the ladies loaded up and headed for the beach. We finally got what we thought was a good spot and decided it would be too big a pain to leave to get food and come back so we told the guys to get something on the way.
Long story short it took Dillon FOREVER to get there, he had to literally park about three miles away because of the crowd, and the firework show ended up being pretty disappointing and probably not worth the hassle it took to get there. All of our friends took off but Dillon and I decided to chill at the park for a bit since we would be sitting in traffic forever anyway. Our little family ended up snuggling under the blanket for hours just enjoying each others company. We took this self shot to remember how much fun we ended up having. Right after we took it the park ranger came around and made us leave cause the park was closed. I guess it turned out to be a pretty rad 4th of July after all. We're just glad we got to spend it together.
::don't mind my double chin, this was the best we could do::
I don't know why this picture didn't flip when it was uploaded but here is Quoia all decked out in red, white, and blue. She is so stink'in cute!
::happy 4th of July::
5 comments:
She is so stink'in cute. I am so glad you got to spend the 4th together. YAY for your little family.
I'm glad you commented on my blog! I always check your blog because I love seeing what you're up to. Sequoia is so darling, I hope I can meet her soon!
Kim, I am glad that you guys got to spend the 4th together. It sounds like you had a good time, sometimes we have the funnest times when things don't go as planned. It was great fun for us as well on the Boulder. I hope you are having fun with your Mom there. She was so excited to come. Mindy
Your baby is so cute!!! I love her hair, and bows and outfits and everything that comes with a girl. It seems like you are having fun in New York, hope all is well!
What a fun 4th. Your daughter is so adorable! Her little outfit is too cute!! We will have to talk about plans for the 5k and san clemente and stuff. I am excited!!
Post a Comment