.

.

4.26.2009

Saturday's Happenings


So, I'm sorry that every post lately seems to be another baby shower but Dillon and I are very fortunate to have A LOT of family between the two of us. Not to mention this is the first grandchild for three sets of grandparents and the first great grandchild for one side of the family. Needless to say quite a few parents have been waiting to celebrate being grandparents for a long time and now they're finally able to! This last Saturday Dillon's dad's and stepmom's sides of the family had this shindig for me. It was so, so fun!!! The Story's have always been so good to me. I can honestly say I married into one of the coolest families in the world! ::my one and only sister-in-law Julia, me, and Dillon's stepmom Christy::


My mom and me. She has taken such good care of me since Dillon's been gone. I think I've ate dinner every night at her house and she went to my doctors appointment with me Friday and took me baby shopping after!

I know I mentioned in an earlier post that I would post pictures of the nursery. After every baby shower I feel like it's more and more ready for someone to actually live there, but there are a few things that didn't get done before Dillon left (curtains, a shelf, nothing serious) so I guess we'll just finish it at the end of the summer. Here's a little sneak peek of what it looks like so far:
I don't know why that 'little princess' sign looks so dinky in this picture, it's cuter in real life, trust me :)


If you look close at the pink basket those are all the little hair bows I've acquired for her... hope she likes wearing them!!!

Saturday was also my 'lil sister's senior prom. I can't believe she is 18 and graduating!!! We were taking pictures of how beautiful she looked and decided to get one with both of us to send to our brother in Taiwan. So this is Emily looking extra skinny in her oh so sexy prom dress, and me looking large and in charge at almost 36 weeks!

5 comments:

Whitney Bennett said...

The nursery looks great! I can't believe you are so close! So fun!

The Hull Family said...

I can't believe you are only 30 days away!! That is so exciting!!
The nursery looks great...love that bedding!
I LOVE how Emily's prom dress turned out with the added sleeves! I will have to make sure my mom sees the picture. You both look beautiful!

Travis and Cristan said...

I am so glad that we can keep in touch this way! It was so good to see everyone this weekend!
The nursery looks super cute! That bedding is to die for. Way go to the two guys that made it :)

Hermana Bennett said...

Hey girl! I know we are so excited for you to come out too! And I hear you're running the half marathon with us... You are amazing! I have a training schedule I can drop off at your house for you but no pressure :) And I'm really really sorry about your car :( Your hubby's been so nice about it though. But congrats on your baby and I'm excited to see her and you! :)

Barb Elder said...

You look beautiful Kim. I am so glad that you were showered with so many showers. Babies are so great! You will love being a mom and you will be a good one. I hope it's a great summer and you love being in Long Island. We haven't made plans but we just might come out this summer.