Its become kind of a tradition for us to go to Moab every Easter Weekend for the annual Jeep Safari. We have a pretty big group we go with and it's always a lot of fun!
Usually we just camp in our tent but I told Dillon we might have to make some adjustments with me being eight months pregnant. Luckily our good friends are also expecting a little one about a week after us, so it worked out well for us to rent a trailer together. I felt bad not being much help with anything this year, but Dil sure took good care of me :) I'm just glad I got to go.
One of our favorite things to do at Jeep Safari is to go tailgating at 'potato salad' and watch people drive up the crazy cliff. If you look carefully someone is attempting it behind us.
(Potato Salad is the name of the cliff side behind us.)
We left Ripley with my parents but we took Ash. She loves camping but we didn't realize how prissy she is. She was so funny about getting dirty, I don't think she's aware she's a dog.
Another tradition is to take the truck 'off roading'...I HATE IT!!! Dillon loves it but it stressed me out so bad last year that we decided it would be best for my pregnancy and our marriage if he went without me while I relaxed at camp. It worked out really well.
My brother-in-law, Jordan's, girlfriend didn't know what she was in for when she agreed to go on the ride. She was gracious enough to get out of the truck for some of the scary parts and take these pictures so I could see what I missed.
I just don't get it... what goes through a guys head...
'Hey guys, why don't we go drive our trucks off some cliffs like real men'
'yeah, I'll just ride in the back so when it rolls it will crush me'
...sounds fun
I may not understand it, but these boys had the time of their lives and I'm glad Dillon got to spend some time with his friends doing something they enjoy before he takes off for the summer. He works so hard for our family he deserves it!
Yay for Jeep Safari 2009!!!
1 comment:
OMG I could never be in the car with guys doing that. I would absolutely die! I am so glad you didn't go being 8 months pregnant. That would have been a bad idea! HAHA! I hope you are doing great. These last few weeks can get pretty hard but just hang in there. She will be out in no time. Spend as much alone time as you can with your man before she comes. Cherish every moment you have alone with him because once she comes your life will be changed FOREVER! It is a wonderful change, but also a really hard change. I hope everything goes great for you. We had a difficult delivery with our guy which resulted in him being in the NICU and Special Care for a week. I sure hope that everything goes smoothly for you and that you can bring her home with you right away! You are going to love being a mom. There is nothing better than holding your baby in your arms and kissing them...IT'S THE BEST! I know that I am rambling now...but I wanted to say good luck because I wont see you again until after your baby comes. The hospital said he needs to stay home for the next 6 weeks so I wont be seeing you at church. Once again GOOD LUCK! I wish you the best!
Post a Comment