.

.

11.23.2014

St. George Marathon!

So, I ran the St. George Marathon.  I'm really glad I did it! It was a lot of work though!  My best friend, Lindsey ran it with me and if it weren't for her there's no way I would have trained as hard as I did or finish as strong as I did!
We spent hours and hours training together.  We even went to a nutrition class and spent hours at the running store leaning and preparing as much as we could.  Mind you, we each have two kids, work full time, and have husbands who travel a lot.  We worked hard and it was so worth it!

The weekend of the race was so much fun.  We got a hotel and took no kids!  We met up with my cousin and some other friends.
At the starting line!  I was so ready!  Quoia is so sweet.  Right before I left for St. George she gave me her Frozen necklace and told me to 'keep it forever for good luck' melt my heart!  I made sure I had it during the race!




And we finished!!!  Lindsey and I stayed together the first 17 miles or so.  I'm so glad we did.  It made the whole race more enjoyable and she pushed me!  She finished in 3:50 ish and I finished in 4:10 ish.  About an hour faster than my other marathon so I felt great about that!




Holly was ahead of us but we found her after.  She did awesome!



After we took our time showering, we did some shopping, rewarded ourselves with food, sat in the hot tub and were in bed watching a chick flick by 7pm!  It was the perfect race and the perfect girls weekend!


I was happy to come home to my babies though, and my hubby came home that weekend too!

1 comment:

Rachel Murray said...

Way to go!! That is an awesome time.