.

.

11.02.2014

First Day of Kindergarten!

I still can't believe Sequoia is old enough to be a kindergartner but she is!  I was planning all along to keep her at the school she went to preschool at, since it goes up to third grade, but the week or two before school started I just didn't feel right about it.  I stressed back and forth, made dozens of phone calls, did hours of research (Dillon thought I was crazy) but finally I found a school I felt great about!  They had a waiting list so we didn't know we got in until two nights before school started.  It was all a little nuts but I think we've all be happy about the decision.  Kids Village was absolutely fabulous and the best preschool around, but I feel like this is a better long term fit.  Sequoia had no problem making new friends and adapting to being a KINDERGARTNER!  




Sequoia was NOT thrilled about the idea of school uniforms, but its been a game changer for us.  Sequoia is very particular about what she'll wear and has a 'unique' style... so it was a bit of a battle every morning, but not now!  She's handled it well and she loved that she got to pick out a backpack.


She seems so big!!!

No comments: