.

.

1.22.2013

That's Our Girl!

Warning:  I'm fully bragging in this post and I don't care!

Last week Dillon and I attended Parent/Teacher Conference at Sequoia's school.  All of her teachers raved about how much they love her and how well she's doing in each of her classes (core, history, music, art, and cooking.)  However, ever single one of them mentioned they feel Sequoia gets a little bored in class, as she picks up on things easily and is ahead of most of the kids her age (she also goes to school five days a week verses every other day like most of the the kids her age, which probably compounds this.)  Sequoia is quite the character and has such a little personality!  One of her teachers even commented that she loves to have Sequoia tell her stories because she feels like she's talking to a 30-year-old.  I guess that's what happens when you're an only child and around adults all day every day!  

Her core teacher gave us the list of tasks the class is hoping to pass off by the end of the school year and said we could get started on some of them since Sequoia has passed off everything thus far.  One of the items was the Pledge of Allegiance.  Sequoia usually doesn't do anything on demand but when we asked her how much of the pledge she knew this is what happened:

   


We joke that this kid is too smart for her own good, but it's actually a little true.  Her memory is impeccable and we can't get anything past her.  She loves school and loves to learn and surprises us daily with her abilities.  Apparently Sequoia is aware of how smart she is, her core teacher told us on occasion Sequoia will ask to teach the class.  Another time she told the teacher her life was just too "busy" and "crazy" to color that day and that she'd do it at home.  Seriously, where did this kid come from!

Another funny:  One of the teacher's aids told us Sequoia is very popular and that a few of the grade school boys (her school is a private school up to age eight) told her they thought Sequoia was "cute" and that if she was older they would "like" her... yeah, Dillon about lost his lid, I think we're in for it in ten years.  

We're sure proud of you toadsey!  Keep up the good work, but maybe tone down the flirting with older  boys... you are only three!

 

1 comment:

The Hull Family said...

OK Kim can I just say that I am DYING over the Bieber Fever post/concert!! I was seriously laughing out loud when I read that you had to lie to Sequoia that it was only for "big girls!!"

Sequoia MUST be super smart if she already knows who Justin Bieber is and wanted to go to the concert! I think you ARE going to be in for it way before 10 years!! ha ha!!
She's adorable, love her!