Dillon and I have been wanting to take Sequoia skiing all winter but there just hasn't been any snow! We finally decided to just go to the tow ropes at Sundance because it's so close. Our friends the Obergs went too and taught their little boy Ollie, who just turned three.
Just looking at Sequoia's skis made me nervous. Sure they were the tiniest skis I've ever seen but they just seemed so big for her. I wondered how she would ever be comfortable in them let alone be able to maneuver them. I figured even if she wouldn't 'ski' just taking her to the resort to familiarize her with the whole thing would be a step in the right direction.
I guess I forgot that she is a lot more like her dad than her mom. The kid was a natural!!! We would hike up a ways and let her go down but after about two or three times of that she pointed to the tow ropes and demanded Dillon take her up. So up they went and she skied all the way back down!
I told Dillon we should take her on a day we could both be there. I felt helpful getting her skis on and videoing but after a couple runs Dillon informed me that he could video while they were skiing and get a better angle. At that point I'm pretty sure I became completely useless. But I'm glad I got to watch my girl!
My friend Tami took this one, I just had to prove I was actually there...
And look at cute Oliver. He did great too!
And look at cute Oliver. He did great too!
And finally, here's the video Dillon took while skiing himself and harnessing our two-year-old on skis. Way to go baby!

2 comments:
Kim I am dying! She is so big. I don't know if it's my preg hormones but it made me almost cry. So cute
That is awesome!! I love how adventurous she is! I think Sequoia and Audrey are going to be good friends!
Post a Comment