.

.

8.10.2011

Naughty

Sequoia is so sweet. She really is. But, she is also two. While we were at daddy's house she took her artistic skills to the apartment wall. So dad took the opportunity to teach her a lesson.


Bless her heart, Dillon explained the best he could why the walls are not for coloring and then showed her how to clean it up. After he showed her he made her clean it herself. While this may sound harsh, this is actually a very effective form of punishment for Miss Quoia. You see, she really loves to clean, but more importantly she is so tender and emotional that even the slightest hint of disappointment in our voices causes her to cry the most gigantic tears you've ever seen and become so emotionally distraught it's impossible to reason with her. And in this case I believe she didn't know any better. We've only had one or two additional episodes of needing to punish and it seriously breaks my heart because she so sweetly says, "I naughty" and "I'm so sorry mommy" just like that. I mean really, how can I possibly be mad at that. She's definitely learning and growing everyday, but really, I'm learning more from her I think.



2 comments:

Heather Heaton said...

such a sweet heart! that is how our Hailee is she can't handle when we are upset with her! Jeff not so much! Hopefully are girls stay that sweet right? :)

The Hull Family said...

What a little sweetie pie! Seriously, I don't think I could EVER get upset with her! I wish Owen was a little more like that, he thinks it's funny when I get mad at him!