Before we knew it Dillon had been gone a whole month! We decided when he left, Sequoia and I would try to visit once a month so it was finally time to go see him. I. Couldn't. Wait. I was however, dreading the plane ride alone and found myself wishing she would quietly sleep in my arms the way she did when I flew her across the country at just ten days old. Ha! I wasn't quite that lucky but she did pretty well.

Since Dillon was only staying in Wichita temporarily he was living in a hotel. While this sounds not so fun, let me tell you, it rocked! They were extended stays so it had a little kitchen, living room, loft, etc. but it was still a hotel so it had a maid and complimentary breakfast and dinner. I was in heaven! But even better than that was the free membership to the YMCA just down the street. I think we went every morning we were there. Quoia would go to daycare while we worked out and then we'd all swim at the indoor pool. It was perfect.
A couple horrible pictures of Dil taking Quoia on the waterslide. Don't ask me why I struggle so much.
I always wonder if Dillon living out of state is having any lasting effects on Quoia. She seems to understand Daddy is always 'working' and that we have to go on the airplane to his house. But seeing them together diminished all my fears. They have such a special bond it felt like they were never apart.
Our last day in Kansas we went to the Wichita Zoo. I think Dillon and I have been to the zoo in every city he's lived in. Kinda funny. Anyway, this was one of the best zoos we've been to! There were lots of hands on things for kids and the animals were very active.

Probably the best part was getting to feed a giraffe for a buck! How awesome is that?
Dillon REALLY wanted Sequoia to do it but she only wanted to watch him do it. She surprised us by taking the last branch we had and feeding to Emmett (the giraffe) like a pro. It was too cute, she still talks about it.
The worst part about visiting is having to say goodbye. I HATED doing this before we had Quoia but it was even harder with her. I was a little bit of a hot mess in the airport dragging my toddler, all our crap, and crying all the way through security. But whenever I feel like I can't handle it I think of poor Dillon. At least I have Sequoia and both our families for support, he is working so, so hard and is all alone. I think all of us just count the days until the next visit.

1 comment:
You are so cute!
Post a Comment