.

.

6.22.2011

Easter

Yeah, still getting caught up, but here is a little bit of what our Easter was like.


I LOVE having a little girl and passing on the Easter Dress tradition my mom had. It makes Easter Sunday that much more special.

I was really excited this year because I thought Sequoia was finally old enough to enjoy an Easter egg hunt. The Saturday before I loaded her up and went to a local park for a free one. I guess I should've known it would've been worth it to pay a little bit and have less people, because this one was packed! I figured it would be fine since they had it separated into age groups and Sequoia could just do her own thing in the two and younger one. WRONG! The parents were vicious!!! I couldn't even put her down because PARENTS were literally trampling through and picking up eggs. I grabbed what I could and threw it in her bag. A bunch of kids didn't get anything so I gave them most of Sequoias since all we got were candy canes, yes, candy canes that I can only imagine were left over from Christmas, and eggs full of hard sucky candy... like have these people never had a two-year-old??? She'd choke!!! So there's my rant and rave about egg hunts... we're over them at this house!

Checking out her weak sauce prizes:


Since the egg hunt was a total bust and it was FREEZING out, my mom suggested I take Quoia to the Provo mall to ride the train. She loved it, I was nauseous after... can't say I didn't try to make her day memorable.


Since it was Just me and Quoia this year we spent the night at my parents for the company. The Easter Bunny found Sequoia and spoiled her. I think the bunny was more excited about her basket than she was ;) My mom did her annual egg hunt for me and my brother and sister. Don't judge, I still totally love it! And she did a special one just for Quoia, which was a lot more enjoyable than the stupid park one... but I think she needs some cousins egg hunt with.


I can't believe how quick she is growing up! Taking pictures in her dress proved to be quite the challenge because she is so busy these days, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

HAPPY EASTER!!!








No comments: