.

.

3.26.2011

sooo.....

....it's been awhile-- I know. I have no real explanation and the following is probably going to be nothing more than a random jumble of my thoughts but I now feel the need to talk about it so here goes for anyone who cares.

At the beginning of the new year I was working on my blurb blog book, and wanted to get it done before I posted new stuff so I got behind. It didn't really seem to matter since it was that time of the year when nothing really exciting was going on and everyone (except Dillon and his brothers) were just sick of the cold weather and hoping spring and sunshine would hurry a little quicker.

Then, for the first time in my four year career, I let a case really get to me. I can't get into the details but it was pretty ugly. After court I literally took on some type of insomnia and couldn't get it out of my mind. I lost all motivation to share my personal life in a place where anyone could read about my family. I still question things, but bottom line if someone wants to find me they will, blog, no blog, private or not, it's all the same. Whatever, I'm over it, should that ever be the case they'll be sorry and I'm mad at myself I let this person(s) get in my head!

Things seemed to pick up a little and I finally believed 2011 might have better things in store, when my sweet husband lost his job--totally unjustified and out of the blue. He has since moved on and found something else but, as a result, he is relocating for a few months while Sequoia and I stay here. I took on a second job to keep myself busy while he's gone/keep up on the bills and Sequoia and I will be doing a lot of back and forth for the next little while, but we are all grateful he has this opportunity. Meanwhile, the past few weeks have been a whirlwind of getting things in order for him to leave and 70+ hour work weeks for me while I train for my new position and keep up on my regular caseload. Oh, and somewhere in there I decided running a marathon this summer was a good idea and have been avidly training for such. Blogging has taken a back seat to say the least.

But, here I am. No more negative Nancy. Amidst all the chaos of 2011 we have made lots happy memories as a family and even made a quick jaunt to Disneyland. I will post all of this, someday, but that day is not today. Meanwhile, we'd just like to thank all our family and friends for the love and support they've given us in this hectic time, you guys totally ROCK!

3 comments:

Heather Heaton said...

Wow! I am sorry to hear it has been a rough couple of months for you! I hope all goes well with his new job and everything else! take care!

Nichole Brown said...

Kim!! Let me know if you need help with anything this summer (watching Sequoia, playdates at the park, or just someone to talk to who know what it's like being husbandless during the summer) I would still like to get together and go running with you so let me know.... Good luck with everything, you can do it! You're one tough cookie :)

The Hull Family said...

Oh Kim I am sorry for all the craziness. Hopefully things are starting to look up. Spencer was totally serious when he told Dillon you guys could move in with us, we are here if you need us! So glad that we got to spend some time with you guys and we are looking forward to June. I just signed up for the marathon today...gulp!