.

.

9.26.2010

The Weekend

Last weekend Dillon and I received some horrible news that Dillon's dear friend, Bill Lewis, had passed away. This Friday we attended his funeral and after the funeral we went to the graveside where Dillon took this picture with his friends. I was just so touched how Dillon and his friends have really pulled together and been there for one another during this hard time. Friday night we had a bonfire with several of these guys and talked about old times. Dillon has been friends with most of these boys since they were in grade school together and has maintained a brother like friendship through good times and bad. We just kept saying we really need to get together more often, so I'm making it a goal to make that happen. Love you guys!

After a somewhat emotional/draining weekend we decided to take advantage of the beautiful fall colors and weather and hike Stuart Falls.

Keeping the 'theme' of friendship we invited some of our besties to join us. Dillon and Ryan have also been friends since they were wee ones and I just happened to luck out that Ryan married someone so awesome because now she is one of my BFF's!

Sequoia did pretty well in her kangaroo pack (just a name I made up for it because that's what she looks like in it). When she got bored she twirled her hair and ended up losing a pig tail-- I don't know where she got that bad habit...

...Sequoia adores Dillon and loves when he has a day off...
...I think the feelings are mutual...

I knew Sequoia would love the waterfall but I should've known she'd want to go for a dip. The water was freezing but you wouldn't know it by these pictures, she would've been content to play in the stream all day.


She even sat down in the water at one point, the proof is pictured below:

It was a beautiful day, and a great hike. A perfect way to end the weekend!

1 comment:

The Hull Family said...

That hike looks amazing, so beautiful! Sequioa is adorable as always. Hope your training is going well, can't wait for the half-marathon!!