.

.

6.12.2010

It's My Party...

... and I'll cry if I want to!!!

Just kidding! Sequoia's birthday actually went really well. We had a little get together at the park with family and friends.

Any one who knows my dad knows he has a nickname for everyone. Well he calls Sequoia his little fish (I'll explain another day). So I decided to run with the idea and had a 'fish themed' party.

I also had the brilliant idea of making the cake myself. Probably not something I would do again.

I found this kiddy pool and thought it would be fun to put drinks in, and Sequoia will love playing in it this summer

I also found some fun fish decorations at the party store. Dillon thought they were lame but Sequoia seemed to like them.

Mr. Story was in charge of all the food. He did a phenomenal job and looked great doing it.

We had a pretty good showing, Sequoia is one loved little girl.




She got some great presents!


Her party was held on Memorial Day, the day before her real birthday. So on her actual birthday Dillon and I took her to a new toy store in town and let her pick something out.
The kid loves to shop!

She found all sorts of things she liked,

but ended up settling on a swing for the backyard.
We've spent pretty much every evening out there since, it's safe to say she loves it!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I think you did a fabulous job on the fish cake. It is so dang cute!