.

.

7.24.2009

Mom's Visit

So, I mentioned earlier that my mom was able to come visit for a few days for my birthday.  Her trip was short but we're just grateful she came!

She has sure missed Sequoia and couldn't get enough of her.  This was her favorite thing to do while she was here:
and I don't think Quoia was bothered by the extra attention either...

But I talked her into going to the city for a day.  She'd never been there and I knew she would regret it if we didn't at least check it out.  I think we're both glad we went, we had a blast!
I have to admit, I was a little worried how my mom would handle down town.  She is terrified of germs!  I was pleasantly surprised how well she did, but I'm pretty sure we used an entire bottle of hand sanitizer.  I was also nervous I would wear her out but I think I ended up being more tired at the end of the day.  I guess I'm just turning into my mother with all the worrying.

We did another bus tour.  I decided those are the best way to see a lot in a short amount of time, and I got to see some new things too. 

The Statue of Liberty is a must, so I didn't mind going again and neither did Sequioa, she is such a good baby, I'm spoiled, I  can literally take her anywhere. 

Two things I did this time that I hadn't done before were Rockefeller Center and shopping.  Dillon HATES shopping so he was happy I got it out of my system while mom was in town. 

So glad you made it mom! We miss you already!

4 comments:

Whitney Bennett said...

SOOO fun! I am sooo jealous. I love New York so much. Allen has never been before, which makes it great because we'll have to go there together someday. I haven't been in years, so I am due for another vacation there! It looks like you guys had a blast!

TAMI said...

Thats awesome your mom came out! looks like you had aton of fun with her. someday i would love to go to new york.. it look so fun! anyway can't wait till ya get home!

The Hull Family said...

Your mom was in heaven I'm sure! What a fun day!! We need to talk about your trip here....I think I will e-mail you right now. I can't wait!!

The Gailey Family said...

I swear everytime I see a picture of that baby, she just gets cuter and cuter!