Sequoia and I were in Heaven this past weekend with all the sunshine! I think after this dreadful winter we had forgotten what it felt like. Anyway, we had a great Easter Weekend enjoying the sun and our families.
As much as I loath crowds and knew any egg hunt would be a nightmare, I felt like I owed it to Quoia to take her. She's really struggled with Dillon leaving this time and spent a lot of time at school and with the babysitter last week. So Saturday morning we loaded up and headed to Riverwoods to check out their egg hunt. They had advertised the Easter Bunny, live Easter animals and an egg 'drop'. Sounds fun, right?
Well, meeting the Easter Bunny was but the egg drop situation was a terrible experience!
Sure, Sequoia looks like it was a success in these pictures, but don't be fooled. They had everyone (parents and kids of every age) go outside and they dropped a giant (which actually held enough candy for maybe 20 children, not the hundreds who were actually there) pinata type egg
thing off the roof and then had the crowd rush it for candy. This posed
two obvious problems. Parents rushing/kids getting trampled and the
candy they dropped was suckers which shattered on impact. Awesome. I
managed to get Sequoia two pieces of candy. When she asked why she only
got two pieces I couldn't think of a better answer than the truth which was I
wasn't willing to be more aggressive than the other ridiculous
parents and there wasn't nearly enough dang candy to go around! I couldn't believe anyone ever thought this was a good idea!
But Sequoia didn't seem to care one bit. We ended up playing in the play area at Provo Beach Resort for quite awhile and she was stoked. My mom joined us and we shopped around Riverwoods and got smoothies at Kneaders after, so as bugged as I was about the stupid egg hunt or 'drop', the morning actually ended up being great!
We spend the rest of Saturday running errands and playing outside. I decided our house would be a little too quiet on Easter Morning with it being just Quoia and me so we had a little sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa Bruce and Sheila's. They were so cute and it reminded me of sleeping over at my grandparents when I was a kid. We watched a movie and had popcorn and ice cream at Sequoia's request.
Sequoia didn't seem too interested in the whole Easter Bunny/Egg Hunt idea the night before so I didn't really have any expectations for Easter Morning. But I was wrong. She was up bright and early and asked where her basket and eggs were! She found them and was so excited! Sadly I wasn't prepared for this and didn't get any pictures :(
We joined my parents at church and after it was nice to just have a relaxing Sunday. I took a nap in the sun and Sequoia played outside with her new kite and sidewalk chalk. We visited Dillon's mom in the early afternoon. Then we headed back to my parents for dinner with Zac and Kelsey and my mom's famous egg hunt! We missed Dillon and Auntie Em, but it was still fun. We ended the evening at Grandma Story's house where we visited with Grandma and Dillon's dad.
I can't believe how big this girl is getting!! Each holiday with her seems to get better and better. I'm so grateful for this time of year and for all the love and support we have from both our families. Happy Easter!





1 comment:
As much as my kids love Disney Characters they are TERRIFIED of the Easter Bunny!! Sequoia is a brave little girl!!
That egg drop DOES sound like a nightmare....glad your day turned out fun anyway!
We are hoping to see you and Sequoia soon!!
Post a Comment