.

.

10.15.2010

Five Years


On the 13th Dillon and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. CRAZY! We have had so many memories together I decided to get my act together and document some of them, so here is an overview of the last five (and best) years of my life. I'm not going to bother to warn you this is a lot of pictures, this is my blog and I'll do what I want, you don't like my pics, stop reading!

Below are a few of the first pictures we ever took together, most of them are older than five years. We dated for almost two and a half years before we got married so here are a few from then... including the night he told me he loved me for the first time (top left) it was in front of the water show at the Bellagio in Vegas, aww.

I am embarrassed/a little heart broken I don't have ANY digital pictures from our wedding. Sad. But, I have several from the night Dillon proposed to me. I had gone to visit him while he was living in Chicago. He took me on a dinner cruise and totally surprised me! We were lucky enough a photographer on the boat realized what Dillon was doing and snapped away, I love these pictures!

I also have a lot of honeymoon pictures. We went on a cruise to Nassau, Bahamas, St. Marteen, and St. Thomas.

This is a picture of our first little ghetto apartment. I think it was taken shortly after we got back from our honeymoon when we opened all of our wedding presents.


...when we made it 'forever' June 2, 2007...


We bought our first home in October of 2006 (no pictures cause we still live here). We have also lived in:
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Washington D.C


and Knoxville, Tennessee.


The first four years of our marriage we did a lot of traveling/fun things.

Cancun, Cabo, Belize, just to name a few. We also had season Jazz tickets and a snowmobile.


Then...
we became parents. This has been probably the best thing we've done together in the last five years and even though we don't 'get out' as much as we used to, we wouldn't trade it for the world!

We spent a summer living in New York

And a summer 'home'.

Also in the last five years we've acquired two dogs, both graduated college, laughed, cried, and everything in between! I love my man so much and can't wait for forever together!

5 comments:

the dunns said...

That was a really cute post, it makes me think that Scott and I haven't done half of the fun things that you guys have.

Heather Heaton said...

Congrats! You guys are such a beautiful couple! I am so happy that you are happy! Congrats again!

Hermana Bennett said...

Congrats! 5 years... that's amazing! :)

Darin and Kali said...

I totally forgot you guys got married the day before us. I remember going to the church and I was so nervous cause the next day me and Kali were getting married. The last 5 years have been great to all of us.

The Hull Family said...

Congrats on 5 years of marriage, that is exciting!! Such a fun post, and I happen to enjoy looking at all the pictures. You guys are such an awesome couple, we love you both!!