.

.

9.18.2009

Happy Campers

This year the annual Clayton Reunion was held on Labor Day weekend at my uncle Bryce's ranch. We were very thankful because it's usually held in the summer while we're gone and Dillon had to work the first two days but the ranch is close enough he could just drive up after work. It was four fun filled days!

~Zach, Em, Mom, Dad, Quoia, Dillon, and me~

Saturday we started out with a giant game of twister. It was a lot of fun until it got rained out...
...at that point it turned into a giant slip n slide for the kids
...and Emily...

When I asked my little cousins if I could take a picture of them slip n sliding, this is what they did. I died laughing, they're too cute!

Next up was the zip line across the pond. I'll have to admit I was a little hesitant. It seems like every time we're at the ranch someone ends up in the pond that doesn't want to.
But Emily went down just fine...

and so did my dad. I figured if it could hold the adults I should have no problem.
Unfortunately I didn't get pictures but when it was my turn I started across just like everybody else. Then suddenly my lower half was skimming through the water! I was doing a pull up and holding up my body with all my strength, which I thought was a lot. I guess that doesn't do any good when your little brother is at the top pulling the rope down with all his strength causing the unwanted dip in the pond. It's so nice to have him home--

After I got cleaned up the sporting events started. We play kickball and flag football. They even had an 'Amazing Race' which I missed :(

Once Dillon got there we went for a Razor Ride. So fun, but he scares me!

And Sequoia got to go on her first 4-wheeler ride. She loved it!

We're so glad Em came down from college, we really miss her!

The next two pictures were just too cute not too post:


~the whole gang on the back porch~
thanks Clayton's, it was fun!

Sequoia loved camping so much the last two weekends that this last week we decided to join my parents in Jackson Hole. Poor Dillon had to work again so it was just my mom, dad, and me and Quoia. It was my first time up there and it was so beautiful!

Sequioa is such a great traveler. I was worried and figured if she didn't do well at the reunion it was close enough to just go home. But she did amazingly well so I didn't stress too much about taking her to Jackson, she was an angel on the drive and slept her usual ten hours every night. I know, I'm spoiled.

We stopped and camped along the Snake River on the way up.

We saw lots of wildlife while we were there, thankfully they were all friendly.
Ok so that wasn't real, but these next two pictures are. One morning we woke up to find several people outside our trailer. It didn't take us long to figure out why, these pictures were taken from inside the trailer, that's how close they were.


Friday night my parents took us to the Bar J Wranglers. Dillon and I had seen them when they came to UVU but the show was even better in Jackson. Basically it's a chuckwagon dinner theater, if you've never heard of them I would highly recommend checking them out.

Sequoia slept through dinner and I was hoping she would through the show. I didn't want to be the lady with the screaming baby. Of course she woke up just as the music started, but much to my surprise she was fine. Not only did she not cry she loved the show! She literally wouldn't take her eyes off the performers, it was so funny!

The next day we went into Teton National Park and visited Jenny and Jackson lakes, it was so beautiful!

Thanks mom and dad for the trip, we had such a great time with you!!!

4 comments:

TAMI said...

look's like you had fun!!

Tyson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sami said...

sorry we missed the blessing. we wish we could of made it. we heard it went well.

The Hull Family said...

Ummm...10 hours at night? Camping? Traveling everywhere? You are spoiled with the best baby ever!!! What fun things little Seqouia gets to do!!

The story about you and the rope swing was pretty funny!!