.

.

5.22.2009

Still Pregnant

Well nothing really monumental has happened since my last post, just small things... and yes, I'm still pregnant. But I hate when people don't update their blogs and I guess if anything else I need to update for journal purposes.

About 3 weeks ago I went to a routine doctors appt. and she was concerned with the baby's size, so I had an ultrasound and sure enough little Sequoia was measuring extremely small, especially her abdomen area. I was dilated to a 2 and about 70% effaced at that point so the doctor said she was pretty confident I would have the baby early and if not they would probably need to induce me in 3 weeks as the baby would have a better chance of gaining weight. The doctor also told me I would need to go to the hospital once a week to have non-stress tests to make sure the baby was ok. It was a pretty rough day and to top it off I went out to the parking lot to find this:
Thankfully it it was accompanied by a note on my windshield which read: 'I bumped you left rear bumper... please phone me.' PHONE ME, are you kidding??? who says that? An old person who doesn't know how to park her Buick that's who! Anyway, so I've been going to the weekly non-stress tests and everything has looked ok. The baby has been really active and at one of them I called Dillon so he could listen to the heartbeat on speaker phone. As soon as he started talking the baby's heart rate skyrocked and she started kicking like crazy, the nurse couldn't believe it, guess this little girl misses her daddy as much as I do.

Anyway, today marked the three weeks the doctor had talked about. I was scheduled to have an ultrasound this morning and if things hadn't changed the plan was to induce me Monday. I was planning on Dillon flying in Sunday and pretty much had everything ready to go. I finished everything at work, said my goodbyes, and took a picture of my office so this wouldn't be the most boring post you ever read:

I couldn't wait to get out of there on Wednesday, but I've only had 2 days off and it's already so wierd. I wouldn't say I miss it, but I'm not used to having time on my hands. So I went to the ultrasound today expecting to get instructions for an induction Monday, but surprisingly nothing short of a miracle happened. The baby has gained an estimated 2 pounds and is now approximately 7 pounds! Overall her growth has pretty much caught up to what it should be and more amazingly her little abdomen has also improved. This is GREAT news and I'm so grateful to have a healthy baby. But I can't say I'm not a little disappointed our perfect birth plan isn't going to happen. Since she is doing so well the doctor couldn't recommend an induction because it's not medically necessary, which is understandable and ultimately having her come when she's ready is the best option. So for now we are just playing the waiting game and Dillon literally has the JFK airport flight schedule memorized, waiting for 'the call'. I have an appointment Wednesday with my regular doctor, who has been out of town for 2 weeks, and I hoping I know more then. Until then I am just hanging out, mostly with my mom and mother-in-law. Both mine and Dillon's families have been so good to me making or taking me to dinner, watching movies with me, checking on me, and getting mani pedi's:
Not a great picture but since I can't even see my feet anymore this was the best I could do. Notice how swollen they are... I'm sure you can only imagine what the rest of me looks like, maybe I'll post pics of that soon.

3 comments:

Travis and Cristan said...

I am so glad the baby is doing good! And I so know where you are at right now- SO Ready to have the baby but ALSO wanting everyting to be okay with her.
Everything you feel right now will soon be forgot when you hold her in your arms-ITS' MAGICAL!

Christian and Jackie Teachout said...

awe kim i am so happy to see that the baby is doing better!! She is going to be just perfect...

Whitney Bennett said...

I am so glad that she gained weight. That would be so hard to have such a small baby. I can only imagine the complications with that. I bet you are just dying for her to come and for your hubby to come home. I remember those last days...how excited and anxious I was! The night before I had Riley I went for a walk with Maria. We walked the track at the RecCenter at a brisk walk for like 2 miles. We finished at like 10 and I started contractions 4 hours later at 2 in the morning. You should try it! Well text me when you have her. I would love to bring you by some dinner or help in anyway you need! Good luck with everything and I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your little girl!